Sunday, October 31, 2010

Made it to Sapporo!

Actual date Oct 16th

Hey Everyone, I made it to Sapporo!
    Just letting everyone know that I made it safe and sound and smoothish all the way to my hostel.  The trip was pretty good, but I did end up getting kinda seasick toward the end, which wasn't soo smooth, but I made it, no puking.  Maybe on the return trip I'll jump for that train ride.  Now though, I guess I just gotta figure out what to do for the next few days now that I'm here!  Ha and actually, a Japanese guy from Fukuoka (named Akihito, Aki for short) and a Canadian guy (named grayham? sp? pronounced gray-am) whos been working in Lybia as a water-pipeline-mechanical-engineer (hes also like, 6'6'') checked in today, and Aki invited us all to go get yakitori and beers in Susukino, which happens to be the biggest "entertainment district" (bars, clubs, yakitori, ramen and everything else) north of Tokyo, aaand I guess it's like, 3 blocks from here.  So thats like, kind of crazy, and I'm kinda tired and like, leery of strangers or something, but I agreed to go with them.  I do think it'll be good though!  Definitely at least interesting and something different and fun.  Also, Aki asked me what my budget was like and I told him very very cheap, but tried to explain Splurge to him, so I don't think like, any clubs will be involved.  And so one yakitori is like 150-200 yen, and one beer is like 400-600, so I'm thinking it'll be a kind of splurge for me.  Thought I'd send out an update and let everyone know whats up though!  I'll describe the trip in my next email.  Ha, another guy just checked in.  hmm, Well, I'll definitely let everyone know how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment