Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sendai Ho!

Actual date Oct 9

Hey Everyone,
  So I'm still in Tokyo but decided I'm going to Sendai next.  I remembered that close to Sendai is Matsushima, not to be confused with Miyajima (by Hiroshima), but also considered one of the top 3 views in Japan.  I think after that I want to spend some time in Sapporo, and while I'm there I'll figure out where I'm going next!

  I was actually still unsure how to find and book budget transport and I decided to take the train to a JTB office (the same agency where I got my JR Pass and ticket to the Ghibli Museum) and after looking at some options got a ticket for a night bus.  It actually leaves tomorrow at 11:59 pm and gets to Sendai at about 5:40 AM.  There were actually day buses also available but then I would also need to pay for a hotel.  I'm actually not saving a whole lot so it's a bit ridiculous, but I also would like to see how I'll do with a night bus and touring the next day without staying somewhere.  Also I'd like to see how I'll do while i'm up to it right now, because I don't know how I'll be feeling in a few weeks. 

  So tomorrow I plan on getting up, getting packed and checking out and leaving my luggage here at my Ueno hostel, then spending most of the day in Ueno park, which in itself is a nice enough park but also has a bunch of great museums.  Then I plan on getting my luggage and spending the rest of the day in Shinjuku where my bus is, and probably spending the late evening in a coffee shop reading.  I'll then sleep on the bus and get to Sendai and hopefully drop my luggage off at the hostel and then, depending on the weather, either do a day trip to Matsushima, or tour around Sendai!  I'm hoping everything will go smoothly!  : )  And even if it doesn't go according to plan, I also just hope everything goes well.  I believe it should though.

No comments:

Post a Comment