Monday, November 1, 2010

Aomori miniupdate!

Hey Everybody!

So not too much happened yesterday.  I walked around downtown some, went to a produce market in the basement of a department building, except it was actually like a produce market or morning market, not a gormet food court!  So that was interesting.  I bought an apple.  I also just walked around, went to the triangularly shaped ASPAM building, though I didn't pay for the Panorama-show room or the observation deck.  Then I came back and caught up on my blog for anybody who might be wondering but doesn't get the emails.
 
So I check out of here at 10:30 (in about 30 minutes) then I'm taking the 3:20 bus to Morioka.  I actually don't have any reservations right now, but it looked like there was a hostel a few minutes out of town by bus, but they don't list their price on the website.  Also on Wikitravel it says theres some so-so capsules by the station.  So I'll apparently get there at 6:04 pm so everywhere should be open and answering their phones, so I'm planning on just showing up at the tourist information center, and seeing how it goes!  So also, I don't know when I'll have internet again, but in a pinch my phone can send and recieve email.  And actually, when I bought it, I got unlimited service for a month, but I've been using it since I got it and it's definitely been over a month, and the prepaid service I bought i guess just lasts only 60 days anyways, so just a warning, it might quit anytime now without warning!  I guess I could walk into one of their stores or something and figure it out, but it hasn't been a problem and I never made it yet. 

So I'm planning on spending probably 2 days in morioka and I'll decide where to go next.  There are some onsen towns that sound nice in Tohoku, but it is November (Yikes!) so they might be closing up by now.  So I gotta get going and pack up!  Love you Everybody!  Oh yeah, THE LION PICTURES OF OWEN ARE SOOOOO CUUUTTTEEEE!! Okay, bye!
Love, Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment